How to Become a Data Scientist
There is a common question in the mind of graduates which is “How to Become a Data Scientist”. Therefore, I am sharing some basic details about the data scientist post and its salary. The Senior Data Scientist will be a vital member of the product development team that creates Perigord’s next-generation products. The ideal applicant would supervise and mentor younger team members while working in research and development. They will be in charge of developing Proof of Concepts that will eventually lead to the creation of products that assist our client’s digital transformation.
About Data Scientist
Basically, a data scientist’s job is to study the data of an organization or operation to find insights which can be put to use for better results in business. One example of a specific task is finding the data-analytics issues that present the company with the most opportunity. They must choose the appropriate variables and data sets. Moreover, you can apply for this job post based on some specific qualification including a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, or a closely related discipline that is often required for data scientists. This is a new job in the industry to improve the results. However, a master’s degree in data science is preferred by many companies.
Besides that, there are various Job Opportunities in this sector. This internship would provide you with the opportunity to develop innovative concepts and prototypes applying the latest technologies in data analytics and data science What are we looking for freshers with little or no previous experience in industry B.Tech/M. Tech or any course in data science Knowledge of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP (Natural Language Processing) & Python What you’ll do •
- Work with senior developers to build applications around, computer vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Figure out optimised ways of annotating and augmenting data
- Explore different libraries/frameworks/tools to solve problems
- Good knowledge of Python and Machine learning.
- Familiarity with transformer-based and generative models like GPT3, T5 and Pegasus will be preferred
Key Responsibilities of Data Scientist
These are some specific responsibilities for a data scientist including computer knowledge and mention below
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Conceive, plan, and prioritise data projects.
- Testing performance of data-driven products.
- Familiarity with Regulatory Documents.
- Exposure to Machine Learning Operations.
- Experience using BERT and Sentence Transformers.
- Experiment with new models and techniques.
- Experience with Transformer model architectures.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Experience within the Life Science domain is an added benefit.
- Knowledge of data management and visualisation techniques.
- Develop and design algorithms and frameworks in terms of API.
- A talent for statistical analysis and predictive modelling.
- Advanced-Data Ingestion and Extraction techniques (ETL/ELT).
- Prior experience enabling ML.DL models on production systems.
- Experience handling large enterprise implementation of algorithms and data.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience working in Data Science or a related role
- Standardisation of methods and algorithms used across the business unit.
- Provision of resources and training to enable quality assurance of processes and outputs.
- Manage a team of Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and Big Data Specialists.
- Aligning data projects with organisational goals.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
There are some specific things to go with the profession. It is a good choice to manage all the things as well.
- Curious and willing to challenge existing solutions with innovative technology concepts
- Highly proficient in Python, SQL, Elastic Search, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch.
- Identify business problems, and estimate solution feasibility and potential approaches based on available data.
- Hands-on expertise in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, NLP, Neural Networks, data science, applied mathematics and Computer Vision. Development of end-to-end AI-based products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Work closely with the team and come up with scalable system and model architectures for enabling real-time ML/AI services.
- Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, including Agile methodologies and the Hypothesis-Driven approach.
- Develop and maintain standard software libraries and associated documentation, including the implementation of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.